Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sicky Boy Munch

I adopted out Munch awhile ago (vague timeline since I can't actually remember when! ;) ) and have been in touch with his owners since then. Today I met them at my vet with a very sick Munch.

This was him on Sunday:



This was him today: 


I had a blood draw done on Munch and a fecal test. He has a massive infestation of pinworms and an incredibly high white blood cell count that is turning toxic. He is throwing up fluids that he was given yesterday which tells me his stomach is not currently working properly. It's possible he has some sort of block or build up of pinworm eggs.

Munch is very sick. :(

I brought him home with me so I can do his supportive care and shots, etc.. He'll be in a sick tank for now. Hopefully the antibiotics and dewormer will start taking effect quickly and we can pull him back from the edge of death. I gave him his first dose of antibiotics before I put him in his soft, warm sick tank. If I can get him to keep fluids down tomorrow, I'll give him his first dose of dewormer.

And then we wait and see if his body has enough strength to keep fighting the infection.

Poor Munch. I hope he pulls through.