Monday, February 27, 2017

Norman Post-Surgery

My vets ended up having to fully anesthetize Norman to be able to work him. Even after having him out for an hour and with several people working on him, they were not able to pick off all the dead skin and old shed off his hands & feet! Ultimately, he lost about 3 to 4 inches of his tail and 2 toes. There are a couple toes that may still fall off on their own or start to die, but they felt there was still a chance for them to recover. I'll still be soaking him and working on his toes when I can. 


For some reason, my camera did not want to focus for my pictures and the close ups of his hands and feet ended up blurry. :( 


His tail should regrow but it will always look a bit odd on the end.


So here starts the beginning of his recovery. He'll be in a sick tank until the sores on the bottoms of his feet & hands heal. He's also on pain meds to help him be less ouchy and grumpy.

The vet bill just for today came to just over $425. I think I may do a quick fundraiser to earn some extra cash for him. I have tanks I'm trying to sell, but am not having success so far. I'll keep you posted.

You can always donate to Norman's care through PayPal:

paypal.me/SarahsBeardieRescue