Friday, February 3, 2017

A Great Trip to the Vet

I took 3 beardies to the vet today and wasn't sure if it would be a good visit or a bad visit.


HOORAY! It was a good one!


Pepper, a beardie I'm babysitting, had a bent toe removed. Munch needed a follow up and I wanted Dr Folland to check on Baby Raptor. Munch and Raptor had warmed cornbags in containers on the way. Pepper got to be in my shirt.


Munch looks good and is far less bloated that he was last night. For now, we will continue to give him his antibiotic shots every 72 hours and treat him with a dewormer. I'm going to start him on a diet. Poor Munch- no more insects, only greens.


I was most worried about Baby Raptor who is holding steady at 5 grams. :( Dr Folland did a thorough exam and was surprised at how feisty he was. He said "Let's not pull the plug just yet." I'm going to keep forcefeeding him and offering him food and then we will see if we can get a fecal test on him. It's possible that pinworms or coccidia are preventing him for absorbing nutrition.

Pepper (who didn't get any pics taken) got her crazy bent toe snipped off without any issues. She stayed calm and nice throughout the whole procedure.

The greatest part about all of it is the total-- less than $85. Gotta love those visits! My vets are awesome. :)