Friday, February 10, 2017

My Chaotic Craft Room

My craft room is where my Etsy shop magic happens. Mostly. It also happens at my desk in the kitchen with my laptop, printer, and postage machine.

But the front room, turned craft room, called Etsy room is where I "work."

And it's pretty much a disaster currently. And by "Currently" I mean, this year.

You walk in my front door and find 4 tanks. To the right is my craft room/Etsy shop/library/whatever. You have to walk buy 3 large beardies, a 6 pound snake, and a 20 pound lizard to get into my living room and the rest of the house. It's like a Courage Test. Or it's like that one weird part on the movie "The Neverending Story" where the main guy had to walk past the big angel statue thingies that shot lasers from their eyes. If you're not brave, you can't come in. Ha!



This is the view from just inside the front door. Chaos? Yes. ;) But I did finally put away all the extra Christmas supplies!



I have lots and lots and lots of supplies & stuff. Lots. And I actually know where most of it is! ... sorta.... Give me a few minutes and I can find it. 


I have a tegu in my craft room. Kreature's box is about to be upgraded and I haven't found the time to clean this one and upgrade it to the bigger one. This one spills dirt and bark all over the floor and the top of it becomes a resting spot for homeless items in my house. 


I'm still retraining Kreature on how to poop on the tile, or in his box, or on the pee pads (which is what he did when I first had him). He's not learning very quickly and that's why I have a couple poop stains on my carpet. Thank goodness we have a carpet cleaner in the garage! 


I have a plan for cleaning this room but it's similar to that great kids' book "If you give a Mouse a Cookie." I need to switch the tegu cage, but then I'd have to move the empty blue tongue skink cage, which will require me to make room in the garage which will require.... And so it goes. 

My life is sort of an organized chaos. I can find and get most everything I need to keep functioning. Sometimes things get really lost-- like the 3rd pair of feeding tongs I cannot find. And what on earth did I do with those syringes I got from the vet yesterday? I put them in a drawer, but I can't remember *which* drawer. 

When you live in a zoo, you gotta expect some amount of chaos and a healthy dose of poop. People ask me all the time what it's like running a rescue. This is my frequent response: "It's about Poop, lots and lots of poop." :) 

Thanks to all you who read my blog and buy from my Etsy shop. You are helping me pay my credit card bill off after the most recent trip to the vet. In this business, trust me, there is ALWAYS a recent trip to the vet (like yesterday).