Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Noel, Before & After

Usually I wait at least 6 months to make a "Before & After" post, but I'm making an exception with Noel. This little boy is THRIVING! It's amazing to watch him.

Remember Noel? I rescued him two days before Christmas after seeing this photo of him.


He weighed a mere 62 grams and was at least 9 to 10 months old.


He has doubled his weight in 6 weeks! Woo hoo! And he's shedding!


He has the most beautiful & intense yellow & orange colors filling in on his face. I can't wait for him to shed off the nasty grey-stained scales on his feet & belly. It makes him look so sickly.

Noel still has a crusty eye build up that I'm watching. It's only in the one eye now.



He tends to think my fingers are food and he tries to bite them when he sees them in his tank. He tried to eat my finger as I took a close up with my phone. Sometimes he stands up on his two back legs and hops around as he tries to eat my fingers. Every time I get my phone out to take a pic, he goes right back to normal.


He's got lots of spunk and personality. He loves to snuggle in his blankies with me but he's so restless that he doesn't hold still for very long. He shifts his position every few moments until he's poked his head out, looks around, and wants to start playing. Silly Noel.

He truly is a joy to have. He's come so far in such a short amount of time.