Friday, February 3, 2017

Being an Etsy Shop Owner

Honestly, there are some days when the worst thing about owning an Etsy shop is dealing with the customers. But, honestly, most days the best thing about the Etsy shop is the customers! ;) For every nasty email I get that the post office lost/ripped a package, I get fun emails from customers thanking me for what I do.

Those happy emails make my day!

At the end of December, I actually got a handwritten note in the mail. An actual note! Written by the young owner of Peaches( a new Instagram celebrity beardie), the note told me how much fun they were having with the costumes they had bought from me. It was ADORABLE!



What's the point of being an Etsy shop owner if you can't do Super Fun Surprise things sometimes?

The other day, I wrote back to Peaches and her owner and thanked them for thanking me. I also confided that I had it on good authority ;) that Instagram celebrity beardies are wearing new Spring fashions and I just had to help with that. I put together a fun package for them, sending three outfits that I knew they didn't have.


I used my favorite scented markers and colored the package front and back so it would be extra fun to get in the mail. I even wrote "SURPRISE" on the front of the envelope. I had SO much fun putting it together and addressing it specifically to "Peaches, of Instagram Fame" and her owner (leaving her name off on purpose).

Yeah, I sometimes get nasty emails from people how I ruined X,Y, & Z for them because I'm an Etsy shop owner and not a magician, but emails & letters from sweet people like Peaches' owner makes it all better.