Thursday, February 25, 2016

SUN! And a Terrible Case of Spring Fever

It was over 50 today and I couldn't resist basking with my torts. Everyone went outside for almost 2 hours. Spring cannot get here soon enough!

Lil Foot 

Tuga & Otis 

Heidi

Derp

Georgie & Pudge

Pan

Apparently I missed getting a pic of Baby Foot (what we're calling the little Lil Foot). 

Dragon came outside too. 

Remy discovered he adores basking! He stretched out like he was dead! 

Pudge & Tuga discovered that the south facing wall is very warm. 


Pan was still unsure of all this freedom! And it didn't help that Otis tried to mate him. :/ 

Really, I must be a reptile at heart because I LOVE basking. I understand why some cultures worshipped the sun! ;) Winter is super hard on me and I struggle with no sunshine. 


We have a half acre fenced back yard that will allow the tortoises to spend the summer outside. The beardies will get their summer cages and spend time in the sun. Max & Ziggy live in their Guinea pig cages in the summer from 8 am to 7 pm. That's when they are happiest. 

I know there will still be snow and cold days ahead, but Spring is on its way and I am thrilled!!