Saturday, February 20, 2016

Doggie Transport for Torts

I got to be part of the most amazing group today as I sent 2 tortoises and 1 turtle to Idaho. An incredible rescue transport group had two abandoned dogs in a 15+ leg plus drive from Wyoming to the Seattle area. I met up with them in Ogden, Utah and they took my critters with them and dropped them off to their new rescue in Nampa, Idaho. 


All 3 were in their own boxes for the ride. They were transferred to at least 4 other cars before they made it to their new home. 

This is one of their riding buddies. He is the sweetest dog. Someone found him tied to a fence in the middle of empty farmland. :( 


I got the tortoises/turtle boxes all set up in the first van-- 


They left Ogden at 11 am today and made it to Nampa at 3:30. The Land Turtle & Tortoise rescue has already found a permanent home for Pancake and will find forever homes for the other two. 

You would not believe the coordination and planning behind this. It is, by far, the most organized group I've ever met. They arrange rescue transports all over the United States. When I get to my laptop, I'll add links to their Facebook group and to the other turtle & tortoise rescue. 

Last night, I took Stinky Winky the red ear slider to his new home. Now I am down by 2 turtles and 2 tortoises. :)