Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Simba & Smaug at the Vet

On my way to the vet this morning, driving through high wind and blowing snow, I saw a transformer explode a half mile down the road from my vet's office. It took out the power in the entire neighborhood and I got to have my appointment by the light of a work lamp powered by a generator.


Simba looks much better and is more alert. I'll keep doing what I'm doing with him until next week when we retest his blood. Hopefully he'll continue to improve! 

Smaug was in a mood! He was angry at everything and stayed puffed up and hissing through the visit. 


Dr Folland quickly snipped off the dead part of his tail, put a dab of superglue on the end, and it was done. He didn't even flinch once and there wasn't any blood. 


That's also where I picked up the water turtle. Pay for 2 appointments, get an RES free! ;)