Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pudge, rescue 121

Yesterday became a "2 for 1" rescue. I went to get Remy and walked away with a little box turtle too. He'd been kept in a super dry tank with little to no water. :( His skin shows that he's been dehydrated too. 


This little guy is adorable but his feet are in bad shape! He has layers and layers of old shed stuck around his nails. 


His nails and feet are all twisted and dirty. I'm afraid a few of them are dead because the old skin cut off the blood flow. 


The tip of his back foot (see above) is black and I'm afraid he'll lose part of his foot. 


Pudge is headed to the vet Monday morning and I'll let the vet try to remove the dead skin & tissue. I am not skilled enough to attempt it on my own. 


For now he's in a great set up with lots of mud and water to play in.