Saturday, January 28, 2017

Over the First Hurdle

I admit I was SHOCKED to find poor Mr Lobo alive when I returned to the vet at 2 pm. He had moved from his spot where I left him and had pooped out a nasty dry poop with thick, sticky urates.

I brought him home and put him in a sick tank.



His pupils are dilated and he is off-center when he walks. :( His prognosis is still very, very poor. I'll continue with supportive care and fluids through the weekend. I have a vet appointment already scheduled for Monday afternoon and, if he makes it, Lobo will come with me then.


It's ironic because I woke up this morning thinking that it had been awhile since I had been on "Death Watch" with a beardie-- that uncertain time when I end up checking for breathing at night and in the morning. Well, here I am.

I'll keep you posted.