Saturday, January 7, 2017

Kiwi, rescue 170

I'm on a local reptile group on Facebook and I get tagged ALL the time. ALL THE TIME!

Yesterday, I made this to express my feelings for being tagged on E.V.E.R.Y. sick, sad, lonely reptile post that comes up.


Last night's tag?

A sick chameleon.

Yes, another chameleon. I just got rid of my last chameleon! I took the no name chameleon to California last week!

And I have another one.

Kiwi is 6 months old and did not look good on her "For Sale" pic that someone shared. And I got tagged.


Moments before I arrived, Kiwi had crawled to the bottom of her tank and curled up into a hide on the ground. That is very BAD. Her colors were dark and she was all curled into a ball. Her colors improved as I held her, but she still didn't recover all the way.

Her ankles and wrists are lumpy which is a good indicator of Metabolic Bone Disease. Her jaw is okay, not super floppy, which surprised me. I carried her home in my shirt (instead of the ice cream bucket chameleon carrier). I put her in my big cage with a brand new Mercury Vapor Bulb on top.

Kiwi is still pretty freaked out by all the changes. I've tried to leave her alone as much as possible today. Tomorrow, I'll force feed her some calcium and food.

Yes, another chameleon. A female.

Tally ho!

This week has been CRAZY! So many rescues and my stupid phone still won't talk to my Blogger app so I have to do all my blog updates on my laptop. That's why I post four or five in a row.