Wednesday, January 4, 2017

At the Vet again- Part 3- Lady Squinty Dink the Dainty Skink, Duchess of bluTonguesville

Lady Dink had a great vet visit. Well, not that she liked the vet, but she got a good check up.


Dr Folland got all the built up shed and scabs off her eyes and said her eyes are permanently disfigured. She will always struggle to shed her eyelids because the shed will stick to her scars. He gave me an antibiotic ointment to use on her eyes and eyelids twice a day for three weeks.

She was not happy to be poked and prodded and pooped on the vet tech and counter top. That was great! I had them run a fecal test on her.


Her toes and fingers will never grow back sadly, but she'll be fine. Her tail is coated with layers and layers of stuck shed that I will work off after soaking her. She's a good weight and looks good.

Dr Folland went to his vet List-Serv and printed off a care sheet for me to use. The main goal now is to get her humidity established at 45% (or so). I moved her into a different cage that will maintain humidity and heat better. And of course, my neither of my foggers will work so I may need to buy another fogger for her.

The vet had good things to say about blue tongues (and yes! I saw Lady Dink's blue tongue!) and compared them to a puppy dog that is happy to see its owners. Fun!

Once I get a new 18 inch UVB tube to put in her tank and get my fogger to work, she will be in a great set up.