Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Baby Sawyer, rescue 167

Baby Sawyer was given to me by someone who didn't want to see him euthanized because of his handicap. There's more details to it, but I'm staying purposely vague to make sure that "I protect my sources." ;)

This is a little fireball of a baby! He can't use his back legs much, but he's got some serious upper body strength.


He has a lump on his spine that will be checked out tomorrow morning by my awesome vet and we'll get an x-ray to figure out what's going on. I wonder if he has a form of bearded dragon spina bifada where his spine didn't fully develop. Or it's possible he has had some sort of injury.


He's eating and pooping fine. He moves around when he wants to move around.


The little wound on his belly looks like a pressure sore from dragging himself around.


Tomorrow, once we have an x-ray to show us what is happening internally, Dr Folland and I will decide what the best treatment is for this guy. The fact that he is super strong and active is a great sign and a definite star in his favor. Hopefully we can get him fixed up some and not just put him down because his legs don't work right.