Thursday, January 5, 2017

Noel's Hard Day

Noel seemed rather sickly today. His eyes were mostly closed and rather sunk in. He didn't move much and wasn't very alert. He had me worried. 


I took him out for some snuggle time in a blankie. That helped perk him up.


I left him on a heated corn bag on my pillow.


And then I held him on my lap in the sunshine for awhile. 


When it was time to leave, I gave him a couple cc's of warm Pedialyte and put him back in his tank. When I returned home later, I saw he had passed a pea size urate plug. I'm really hoping that this urate plug was what Dr Folland felt in Noel's belly at the vet the other day. He did seem to perk up after that.

Tonight he and Neville both got to snuggle in blankies with me. I put Noel in my shirt first so that he'd be sound asleep by the time I added Neville (just in case Neville was restless or scared). It took Neville just a few minutes to look around and unwind and then he fell fast asleep! Progress! Last night, it took him over an hour to relax enough to sleep while I held him. Great signs.


Also, Baby Sawyer seemed to poop okay today. He was a bit bloated today and I worried that he was getting constipated. Sometime this evening he was able to have a fairly normal looking poop. Woo hoo!