Friday, January 15, 2016

Sweet Gary

Poor baby Gary Dean, the baby Savannah monitor with severe MBD, had to be put down today. 


It so sad but it also angers me. His death was completely preventable. Had his owners done 10 minutes of basic research on Google, they could have learned how to feed him appropriately. He could have been healthy and strong. 


Instead because of their lack of education, he had several intestinal prolapsed, full body seizures, crooked limbs, and a bent spine. The last week of his life was horrible. :( There's nothing we could have done except let him be put out of his misery. 

I'm thankful to my rescue buddy Joe who has loved on and cared for Gary over the past month. 

Metabolic Bone Disease is, 98% of the time, a lazy owners' disease. I wish people would do their research before they buy any pet. It would make my life in rescue less painful.