Friday, January 29, 2016

Easy Peasy..... Or Not So Much

The last few rescues were supposed to be "easy." 

Uh huh. 

After 3+ years of rescue, I should know that anything that's "easy" is guaranteed to be not. Like this post-- I wrote it this morning and right before it posted, Blogger froze and I lost the entire thing. Ugh! Irony! This is my 2nd rewrite. 

---------------------
Spike the 3rd-- 

He was healthy and friendly, right? 

Nope. He hid under the paper towels for two days straight and he pooped, it had quite a bit of blood in it. Now I'm waiting for his next poop so I can do a fecal test. 


----------------
Fatty Patty--

This girl was supposed to be at her new home already. She is a B.R.A.T.!! I can't even touch her. I'm so busy with my Etsy shop and the sicklies that I've just been letting her chill. 


---------------- 
Lucky--

This little guy went from a friendly (?) little guy to a monster. And he's taken to hiding in his hide all the time. And he won't eat on his own. 


---------------
Jessie-- 

This girl has discovered her independence and her love of food. She hates being held and is happiest being left alone. She has an adoption pending but the owner doesn't quite have enough money yet. 


-----------
Smaug-- 

He was supposed to be wild and difficult. He was a spaz for two days and then calmed down. I discovered two infected cuts on the tip of his tail that have become necrotic (dying). He'll have to have about a half inch of his tail amputated on Monday. Maybe that will make him happier. 



------------  
The rest--- 

Dragon-- His bones are still rubbery and he won't eat on his own and he hides all the time. :(  He's not doing well. 

Simba-- Poor guy is hanging in there. He has a vet check on Monday. We'll see if he's improved any. I don't want to prolong his suffering, but I don't want to give up on him. 

Peanut-- His adoption is all set up but it's  too cold to ship him out of state. 

-------------
So I have 12 beardies. 6 are permanent; the others can't be adopted or shipped. 

Easy peasy? Not so much