Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Smaug, rescue 115

It took quite a bit of planning to get Smaug here. Luckily, he was living in a city an hour away from Simba's city and Simba's owner's brother was willing to pick up Smaug. 

Smaug became too unruly for his owners and they couldn't handle him enough to keep him from being a brat. 


Smaug is a gorgeous and BIG boy!! 


He was tired and stressed when I finally took him out of his carrier at the vet. I trimmed his nails and then held him. 


We got him home and into his tank. Once he warmed up, he took a nice long drink and ate. 


Smaug will be available for adoption pretty quickly and I suspect that a new set up and situation will break him out of his bully habits. 

Plus, his intimidation techniques don't work on me at all. Once you've tackled a full grown Savannah monitor or an antisocial iguana, "aggression" means something different. Smaug can be grumpy and I'll just laugh at him.