Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Fatty Patty, rescue 118

I should know better than to think any rescue or rehoming would be "easy." Ha! The easy ones end up being the hardest.

Fatty Patty (or Bratty Patty) was going to be an easy transfer from her owner who was surrendering her to me and then to her new owner. All within a few days. 

Ha! 

In this case, "Easy" means-- a delay because of a funeral, an unexpected change in pick up location that tacked on an extra hour, a broken tank, 5 stitches, a missed pick up, a grumpy beardie who hated my rescue buddy, another pick up, lots of hissing, and an escape in my van. The whole thing took a week and a half. 


Fatty Bratty Patty is not a nice girl and would not make a good pet for the family with young kiddos who wanted her. So she's here with me so I can act out "The Taming of the Shrew!" ;) 


Good thing she's pretty. But pretty will only get her so far around here. She'd better learn who's the momma around her (me not her). 


I suspect it will be the battle of the divas for awhile as she learns that I WILL hold her and she WILL behave. She didn't even want to snuggle! For rude. 

Yes, yes, a power struggle with a bearded dragon. The glory of rescue!