Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Junie - Before & After

I found some of the first pics I took of Junie and matched them with the most recent pics I took of him. 

                   June 2015 
                   August 2016


                     June 2015
                    August 2016

I hadn't realized how much more "manly" he's gotten. He was pretty much a juvenile male when I got him. Now he's a man iguana with attitude and power. 

In June of 2015, Junie was left behind after a murder-suicide. He was given to a "rescue" (insert eye rolling) who kept him in a plastic crate for 2 weeks. When my friend rescued him from the "rescuer," she was told that Junie was angry because he had watched his whole family die. 

Um.... No. It's because you're a moron who shoved him in a plastic crate. 

I didn't want Junie, but I knew he'd die if he stayed in the crate with the other "rescuer."