Sunday, August 21, 2016

Lotus this Morning

I found a sick Lotus on the bottom of her cage this morning very dehydrated. I tried getting her to drink some sugar water from a syringe but she wouldn't have it. She spit most of it back out. She *hates* when I touch her! 

I got her fogger going and let her dripper run fully too. She did drink a little off the leaves, but not enough. 

I finally chose to give her a saline injection to help rehydrate her. A cc of warm saline on each side above her arms. She had little "shoulder pads" for a little bit. I hesitated to do it for fear the stress of holding her while injecting her would kill her. So far, she seems to be okay. 

She certainly is a difficult chameleon! I have part of her cage covered to hold in the humidity better and I'll keep checking on her today. She's supposed to get her second antibiotic shot today, but I may wait until tomorrow to limit her stress.