Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Ghetto Cage

I do not have the heart to put Midnight in a tank. I have several and just can't do it. I don't have the money currently to buy him the kind of cage I want for him and I don't have a lot of time to build something into an entertainment unit. 

Today I built Midnight a ghetto cage with parts of Guinea pig cages and metal crate squares and a lot of zip ties. 


It's not very pretty but it will help contain Midnight during the times I can't let him free roam. 



This is it all put together: 


Ghetto, but workable. For now. I had him sleep in a Guinea pig cage last night to be safe. I'm waiting until just before lights out to put him in. 

Until then, I'm rocking him. 


I once told Dr Folland that I had rocked Turbo to sleep because he was upset. My vet looked at me and said teasingly, "You know, sometimes I really worry about you!" 

I laughed. "Only sometimes? I must be getting better!"