Thursday, September 1, 2016

Humpty Dumpty's Release!

I packed along Humpty Dumpty to my vet appointment this morning so Dr Folland could check his shell. He looks great and got the clearance to become a water turtle again! 


Woo hoo! 

He's been so miserable at my house in dry dock. He loves being outside in his wading pool and fights me when I bring him in at night. 

Luckily, my friends have a backyard pond they've built for their ducks and allowed me to put Humpty Dumpty in it today. 


He hesitated only a minute before plunging into the water. Yay! Happy turtle again! 

Dr Folland and my turtle rescue friend suspect that Humpty is a wild-caught turtle who got picked up after he got run over. His shell, his mannerisms, and his refusal to eat normal food all fit the lifestyle of a wild turtle. Since I wasn't willing to just dump him in the "wild," the pond is a perfect home for him.