Thursday, September 29, 2016

Rubber Henry

Henry is the worst case of muscular dystrophy in a Beardie I have ever seen. He's has little to no control over his limbs, can't eat well on his own, and often gets stuck upside down.  


He was found wandering around a neighborhood. We were told he must have escaped from his owner. We believed it-- until we saw how poorly he walks. Poor guy was probably dumped. :( His scales and feet are all roughed up and he's missing two toes. 


I posted a video of Henry walking a couple weeks ago and he's grown a little worse. You can tell when you look at him that he's tired. Everything is a struggle for him and nothing comes easy. I don't think my vet will give him a good prognosis-- especially when he sees the scabbed up, infected, bone sticking out toe that I discovered yesterday. 


Henry is the worst beardie I have ever had. He hurts my heart! :( I wonder if we are doing any favors by prolonging his misery.   

Sigh. 

He will be a hard and painful discussion with my vet momentarily.