Thursday, September 1, 2016

Drake at the Vet

Drake has been struggling with eye problems in the past month and, even though he had seen another local vet who tries to treat reptiles, I wanted to have my awesome vet take a look. 


Dr Folland suspects a lot of the problems Drake has had are due to inadequate housing conditions-- sand substrate, too low of heat, no UVB, etc. Now that he's got a high powered UVB and a basking spot of 105, we both think Drake will start to flourish. 

His eyes look okay and probably had sand in them enough times that he's been having an inflammatory response. I have an antibiotic drop and an anti-inflammatory drop to put in his eyes three times a day for the next week. 


Yesterday, I got him to eat 3 roaches on his own! He hunted them down and everything. He's still very underweight, but I suspect he will start doing much better now. He will look SO much better when he sheds too. He's got that nasty sand stain coating on his scales. :(