Monday, March 6, 2017

Norman at the Vet

I took Norman in for a one week, post-surgery vet check up. He was NOT happy about this and squirted poop & pee all over my awesome vet and his new tie. (I was secretly happy that I avoided all of it by holding Norman with his back to me; last time I left splattered with blood & poop so I was happy to leave clean). The bonus is that they had enough of a "sample" to run a fecal test on Norman. Might as well clear him of any parasites he may have.


His feet are healing okay. He may still lose a few toes. Dr Folland was able to pull off some more shed and then glued back together parts of his skin that had split open. I'll take him back in three weeks to have his stitches removed and to see how he's doing. 

Once I get Norman out and held securely, he usually calms down for me. Last night, I held him and rocked him in my rocking chair. Ha! He actually seemed to enjoy it.