Friday, March 17, 2017

A New Etsy Addition-- Beardie Bags

The other day, I felt a strong need to create something new. So I started cutting and sewing and came up with an adorable purse/bag/phone holder that looks like a bearded dragon.


It got a lot of love on my Instagram & Facebook page so I decided to start making more.

Today I cut out enough felt for 12 purses. Kreature wasn't impressed. He just wanted to be left alone in the sunshine. 



I got all the parts laid out for all 12 purses. I took me about two hours to cut out all the felt.


Each purse (minus the strap) takes about 20 minutes to sew, and each one is unique. 


I like painting toe nails on the backside of the hands & feet when I'm done. 



I still need to figure out a strap that works and is long enough for each purse. Gotta head back to the fabric store.


The "First Series" of Beardie Bags will be for sale on Etsy soon, but there will only be 12 of them. I'm sending my pattern to my mom who will automate the parts so her embroidery machine will start sewing & cutting them. Her machine is amazing! Once she starts producing them, they will be less unique, but it will take less time to make them.

I also need to find large Googly eyes that can be sewn on. These ones are simply glued on.

Each bag is just big enough to hold a phone or some snacks or a small lizard. :)



I plan to post the listing for the first 12 on Monday morning when I start filling my Etsy orders from the weekend. I'll make the remaining 9 as they are ordered and then list the second series when I have at least a dozen to sell. I'm sure these will end up be copied by others-- you'd be surprised how many "knock off" costumes of mine I find on Etsy! Crazy, huh? It's flattering and frustrating that people are copying my patterns and selling them for themselves (insert eye roll).

Stay tuned on Monday. I'll post a link to the listing once it's up & going.