Friday, March 31, 2017

My Weakness or How the Zoo expanded Today

This is the time of year that I adamantly avoid the local feed & tractor stores.

Why?

Baby chicks.

I adore baby chicks! I LOVE chickens! I have always loved chickens.

It's been years since I had chickens-- at least 5 years. My last two special hen girls, Queenie & Princess, died and I just didn't have the heart for any after that.

My youngest has been struggling with severe anxiety lately and everything in life is a challenge for him. He has had his heart set on baby chicks and as an incentive for going to & staying in school, I took him to look at the baby chicks at the feed store.

My downfall was the box of 2 day old buff orpington chicks. Buff orpingtons are my FAVORITE! Of all time. They are very mellow and very sweet. Queenie & Princess were buffs. They didn't used to be very common at all.


We left with 5 two day old chicks. My youngest is over the moon. My husband is rolling his eyes.

The zoo has grown.

Wait until next week when we watch a mini pig named Cisco over Spring Break! That will be fulfilling my daughter's dreams. Luckily my other son only dreams of Crested geckos and I can borrow from my rescue sister. Animals are my Spring Break survival guide.