Saturday, December 31, 2016

Update on Noel (sorry it's overdue!)

First, let me apologize for the gap in posting. My family and I went on a quick vacation this week and the new iOS update on my phone will not work with my Blogger app. So no posting. :(

I left all my critters in the care of one of the techs who works at my vet's office. He did a great job taking care of my little zoo and especially caring for Noel. Everyday he let me know what Noel was doing and what his energy level was, etc., and everyday I told him what he should do next.


On Wednesday, Noel ate a couple pellets by himself. On Thursday, he had a lot more energy when he got his syringe feeding (which we bumped up to 2 cc's) and ate more pellets. On Friday, he ate a single super worm! This afternoon when I got home, I got him to eat 4 roaches. He, obviously, does not like worms but does like roaches.


Eating still exhausts him and he ends up napping after he eats. But he is so much more alert and aware than he was a week ago. He doesn't have a lot of muscle tone in his arms and legs and doesn't use them much. His eyes are still half closed most of the time-- I did get a nasty glob of junk out of one of them. He's definitely better now than he was a week ago! I think by next week he'll be ready for a check up at the vet.