Monday, December 19, 2016

Smoke Inhalation Effects Continue

Scorch, the male Burmese python pulled out of a burning house in April, almost died tonight as he started coughing up thick mucus that had accumulated in his lungs. 


His fearless owner spent an hour sucking globs of mucus out of his trachea to keep him from suffocating and then giving him mouth to mouth resuscitation until he started breathing on his own. 

My heart stopped when I read about how close Scorch came to dying. I laid down on my bed and cried as I chatted with Scorch's owner over Messenger. 

My guess is that Scorch's lungs secreted a mucus layer around the ash particles in his lungs and they collected into globs. I also suspect this is why Kindle died a couple months ago.  

The effects of the smoke continue. :( I'll be heartbroken if Scorch dies. He is absolutely adored by his owner. 

The fire was a nightmare in so many ways. I'm so sad that it hasn't ended.