Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Today's Vet Visit

In a moment of delusion, I made vet appointments for my warm blooded and cold blooded at the same time. 

Bad, bad idea. 

First, I had to wrestle my dogs into jackets and harnesses. It's like painting the toenails on a hummingbird. Oy vay! 

Then I had to get Drake ready to go in a warm box. Then I had to get Sunny ready. And I had to load my purse, a present for my vet, an ice cream bucket with a snake, my cup of Dr Pepper, a tote with Drake, and two dogs into my van. 

All those things (minus the Dr P) had to get out of the van and into the vet's office 6 minutes later. Crazy!! 

Remind me not to do that again! 

The dogs were a spastic mess and wrapped themselves around my legs in the waiting room and whined and barked. 


The dogs both got their Bordatella booster shots. Teddy was only happy when someone was holding him. Luckily, he's such a cute dog that almost everyone in the vet's office held him. He was happy! 


Sunny, the baby ball python, had a little spot on her belly yesterday that burst like a blister and her skin was very fragile. And she hasn't popped since her surgery. 


Dr Folland got her poop without any problems. He's concerned about her fragile skin, but we can't do anything about it right now. 


I'll be watching her and keeping her in a soft environment until she has a good shed or two. Hopefully she'll grow out of it. But it's also possible the skin issue is a symptom of a more serious problem (like IBD which is a fatal disease). 

The last thing I did was hold Drake while he died. 

Crazy appointment!!! In the future, the dogs will go solo to appointments or I will drag one of my kids along to help me.