Thursday, October 6, 2016

Tater's Tail

Tater shared a tank with Mater for 5 years. They both were surrendered with chomped off tails. :(

Since the vet wanted to immediately amputate Mater's tail, I knew that we should have Tater checked out. 


Sadly, my vet left for a national bird bet conference two hours after amputating Mater's tail. But I have an appointment for Tater on Monday when he's back. 

Last night, Mater's owner picked him up and brought me Tater who will stay with me until Monday. To be safe, I sent pics of her tail to my vet so he can tell me if I should bring her in Monday morning (before the surgery block) or if waiting until 4:30 pm is okay. 

Her tail is not as bad as Mater's, but it's still gross. 


Supposedly she was taken to a vet, but I cannot fathom why it was not amputated. That's why I only trust my reptile vet.