Monday, October 31, 2016

Gut Feelings and Guilt

My cheek is doing much better. I've got one Steri-strip holding the two worst cuts closed and when I go out, I cover it with a ladybug bandage. :) Here's me with Teddy on Sunday. 


I had many people offer to take Midnight from me, but none of them felt right in my gut. Since I started rescuing, I've always tried to "go with my gut feeling" and it's never lead me wrong. I couldn't seem to get a peaceful feeling with any of the offers. 

Finally, a friend of mine emailed me back and that's when I *finally* had peace. I'm taking Midnight to him tomorrow morning. My heart aches. I don't quit easily. If I start something, I do it full force until it's done. Quitting is so hard to do.

Midnight has been stuck in his cage since he attacked me Friday night. It feels me with such guilt and sorrow. I cannot let him out though; I can't even get close to the cage without him freaking out. :( His mouth is all torn up from him rubbing it against the bars. Breaks my heart. 

I'm sorry, Midnight, that your life so far has been so crappy. I'm glad that I loved you when I could. I know you'll find love and happiness to come.