Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Iggy Hormones

Tonight Midnight climbed behind me on the couch, and, before I could move, he chomped my pony tail and wouldn't let go. 

Classic mating behavior. 


Since I was unwilling to let him mate with my hair, I pulled him off and put him back on his cage. 

Five minutes later, he climbed back again. This time I put a pillow as a blockade.


That appealed to him and he wouldn't let go. 


I moved him, still locked on, and the pillow to his cage where he proceeded to mate with it. 



The pillow even fell off the cage and he still didn't let go. I put it back on the cage and he kept at it. 

I have, many times, told people that during mating season, male iguanas can benefit from an "Iguana Love Sock." 

Guess what I'll be Googling tomorrow? 

ay yi yi

Welcome to the Zoo! 

PS. Can you see (again) why iguanas do NOT make good pets?