Friday, April 8, 2016

Sweet Stella

Stella's X-ray this morning showed a very large mass (not eggs or fecal matter). Because she was in such poor shape, the vet and I agreed that she would not survive surgery. 

We opted to put her down. :( 


By the time the craziness with the fire victims had died down enough, I returned to the vet to hold Stella while they euthanized her. 

Unfortunately, something catastrophic occurred shortly before I arrived. Stella had blood coming from her mouth and she was gone. Whatever happened, happened fast. The vet techs had checked her only 20 minutes before. :( 

I will have Dr Folland perform a necropsy on her on Monday so we know what happened in her belly. I suspect a tumor. 

Poor Stella. She had a happy life the past few years. She was loved greatly and mourned deeply.