Friday, April 29, 2016

LilBit, rescue 97.2

LilBit and Peanut were rescued last August from two clueless teenage boys. Both of the beardies were underweight and both had MBD. 


LilBit came back to me last week as one of the 5 beardies. Boy, does he have an attitude! 


He and Gizard had vet visits the other day. The tech said Gizard was a sweetie. LilBit was ...... not. At all. Ha! 


He is a brat! I got him moved into a 40 gallon tank with some branches to climb on. Once I'm able to place some of my babies and have fewer beardies to take care of, he and I are going to learn to be friends. Right now, he's too grumpy and wild to ever be adopted. 


It's going to take awhile, I think. He's almost a year old and that year mark makes a big difference in attitude. He's stuck in his testy teen phase. Adults are almost always more mellow and slug-like.