Monday, April 11, 2016

Fire Victims at the Vet

Today we took four fire reptile victims to the vet:

-Kindle, female Burmese python
-Flame, bearded dragon
-Blaze, Savannah monitor
-Phoenix, blood python 

Kindle is staying at my rescue sister's house and today was the first day I got to meet her. I had so much fun holding her that I forgot to take pics of anyone else! 


She crawled into my shirt. 


And I took a selfie with her! 


She held on to my leg tightly. 


And then she pushed her head near my neck and took a nap. 


Kindle has burns on her mouth and eyes. She also has a respiratory infection. She has antibiotic eye cream and antibiotic shots. Then then techs tube fed her because this sweet girl is only 15 pounds! She should be over 60. 

The blood python and Savannah monitor got tube fed too. 

Flame the beardie has slightly dry eyes (from the smoke) and got antibiotic eye cream too. I just need to fatten him up and give him extra care. He's super underweight too (180 grams instead of 240+ grams). 

The antibiotic eye cream and antibiotic skin cream will be used to treat the other snakes too. If they show signs of a Respiratory Infection, we'll put them on antibiotics too. But we should now be able to focus on giving the reptiles nutritional care and wound treatment without any further vet visits.