Friday, April 8, 2016

Flame, rescue 134

 Flame is a young translucent beardie who managed to survive a house fire with a dozen other reptiles this week. He had recently been rescued and wasn't in the best shape to begin with. :(  He's very, very skinny.


The stress of an early morning rescue and then being bounced to a couple different homes has taken its toll on him. His beard is black, his belly is a smoke-colored grey, and his eyebrows are flat. 

I gave him a saline injection to help hydrate him and now I'm warming him back up to the right temp. 


He'll get some Critical Care too so he can get extra nutrition and calories. I'm waiting to hear back from my vets on treating smoke inhalation in him and all the other reptiles. 

His belly is very gray. I'll bathe him later and see if I can get him cleaner. 



My friend who took him in last night (as the SECOND rescuer!) bathed him and this is what she got off of him. It breaks my heart that he was covered in soot for 48 hours. No wonder he's a mess. :(