Sunday, May 22, 2016

Poor Baby Blaze

My heart is very sad this morning. I found Blaze, the sickest Savannah monitor, on his side with his eyes unfocused and his neck turned in a weird way. I honestly thought he was already dead. He moved when I picked him up but not much. His eyes wouldn't focus. 

















Poor buddy has never been healthy; he was severely malnourished and underweight (no obvious trauma from the fire). We've tube-fed him and force fed him since we got him-- he's never eaten or drank on his own. He's been to the vet twice with another vet visit scheduled tomorrow. I'm not sure if he'll make it through the day. 


























I held him and loved on him for awhile before putting him into a special "Sick" tank that is filled with super soft blankies. He'll stay there for now. If he makes it through the day, I expect tomorrow morning my vet will recommend we let him be out of his misery. :( 




















Poor Blaze. I know I can't save every critter, but I sure tried hard to save you. I really didn't want to lose any of the fire victims. I'm sorry I couldn't save you. :`(