Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Another GoFundMe Update on the Fire Victims

I just posted this on the GoFundMe campaign I've been running on the fire victims. To see that campaign, click HERE. 



The blasting post (see HERE) I reluctantly wrote 10 days ago earned us almost 2 weeks without phone calls or harassments. It's been nice.
But today one of my rescue partners' bosses received a call "promising" a news crew coming to their work on Friday to interview my partner (and I) about why we had not surrendered the fire victims yet. It's yet another attempt at harassing us into giving them up.
The original owner, as far as we know, is still homeless and living in a car. This guy (who has never been the owner) who called the boss has been evicted from at least 4 cities in the last 12 months with another city "discussing" wild animal code enforcement at this month's City Hall meeting.

The 2 Burmese pythons are still receiving antibiotic injections to treat a stubborn respiratory infection. They are starving all the time. The large red tail boa has an impacted gland that we are trying to treat first before taking to the vet for surgery. The sickly Savannah monitor still refuses to eat on his own and the "healthier" one is not eating as consistently. The Nile monitor finally got into a big enough cage and is eating on his own. The bearded dragon is shedding and needs a fecal test run because, all of the sudden, his poop is almost liquid. Phoenix needs another tube feeding because he's still not eating. The King snakes are fine, but have to be fed several times a week because they are SO hungry. The other younger red tail is okay.
The last vet visit was yesterday: the next one is tomorrow. They've been to the vet multiple times and are still under vet care/guidance, and will be for the present time.

So again I am the bad guy because I refuse to take these 11 reptiles out of a stable, warm, caring environment to give them to a friend or a friend of a friend or somewhere else where they can stay for a bit until they are moved again to another place.
Yeah. I'll be the bad guy.

A letter has been written and will be delivered this week to the persons in question (I'm not even sure who is claiming to be the "owner" at this point) on the things they will need to do for the reptiles to be returned. After the letter is mailed, I will post the contents of the letter here. I feel like we have an obligation to you guys who so generously donated the $1,225 for their care. It's not just about satisfying what I want; I owe you the respect of making sure your money is ultimately used for good.

Thanks again for all you've done to help us. smile emoticon

Sarah
who has all the reptiles smile emoticon