Monday, May 23, 2016

Charlie, rescue 148

Today was such a long long day, and I thought I'd take it easy tonight. 

And by "easy," I mean "take in a half dead baby beardie." 

Yep. That's me. Plus, I almost gave myself a black eye when I whacked myself in the eye with my thumb while fixing my pillow. I'm a Klutz!! 

Anyways, someone posted these pictures on our local reptile Facebook group. 


Within minutes, I had been tagged three times. 

I couldn't -- wouldn't -- didn't say "no." 

My rescue sister brought him to me and I got him to drink some Pedialyte on his own. Woo hoo!! 

Now he's in a soft tank basking with the right heat and a brand new UVB bulb. I'm leaving the lights on extra long tonight. 


He has *severe* MBD (Metabolic Bone Disease." He didn't have the right diet or a UVB and his body robbed the calcium from his bones. His bones are literally rubber. He's as bad as Dragon was. 

The fact that he drank on his own is good! He was so weak and tired that he kept falling asleep. :( Tomorrow I'll give him more fluid and some outside time. 

I think he'll recover. I'm hopeful he will be okay. I'm glad it's spring/summer here so he can get the direct UVB from the sun. That is the BEST medicine. 


I think I'm at 14 beardies now, but sometimes it's just better to not count, ya know? ;)