Saturday, May 7, 2016

I've reached my Breaking Point. I am FURIOUS over the Harassment because of the Fire Victims

I've reached my breaking point. I've tried to be calm and nice with the reptile rescue, but today they bullied and threatened one two many times. For those of you who have wondered about all my vague posts, here you go:

(this was posted on my GoFundMe campaign today)

Friends--

This is the hardest update I have had to write . But it must be written.

The news story sharing the improvements of the fire victim reptiles has unleashed a fire storm.

I have been threatened. My animals have been threatened. My rescue partners and their animals and houses have been threatened. We have been harassed and badgered and threatened for 4 days now.

Why?

Because we said that the reptiles appeared to be in poor shape and that we wanted to make sure that they went to a good home where they would be cared for.

My rescue partner has installed a security alarm. She sleeps with her phone so she can call 911. We've already had to call the police, animal control, and the Division of Wildlife Resources. I have tried to be honest and fair. I've offered every evidence that what I am doing is legal and above board.

And now, because I am caring for these 11 reptiles, I am being threatened.

Today it ends.

The previous owner of the reptiles is a known drug user. He currently has 8 outstanding warrants for his arrest and, last we were told, was living in his car. It has been reported to me by two independent investigations that more than a hundred reptile bodies were found in the house that he may (or may not) have been legally allowed to live in.

I have had many anonymous reports from people who visited that house and found dead & dying animals (not just reptiles). I've been offered copies of neglect reports filed by other rescues. I have been BEGGED to NOT return these animals. I have seen the Utah state government website with the dates and jurisdictions who have filed warrants for his arrest.

Where does he get these animals? From a person known in this community for killing more than he rescues.

And now I am being attacked. I am being threatened and called names. My rescue partners are being harassed.

Why?

Because we are doing the best we can to make sure these 11 reptiles-- 11 out of who knows how many that have died-- are being cared for.

It stops now. I have kept all of this information private. I have worked with Animal Control and the local police to make sure that I am 100% above board on the law. I wanted to make sure that *I* am doing what is right and I have been given the assurance that I am fine.

If I need to get a lawyer on Monday, I will get a lawyer.

This is me calling out the Previous owners-- whoever they actually are--

STOP THE HARASSMENT AND THREATS!!

We will work with you as adults and talk to you as adults. If you continue to bully and threaten, the conversation is over and I WILL have a lawyer contact you.

I will play nice-- to a point. But when my rescue partner tells me there is a gun on the nightstand because she is so panicked

I A.M. D.O.N.E. being nice.

Sincerely,
Sarah
the rescuer who has all the reptiles.