Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Katy Update

Katy's blood results came back with bad news. It appears she is experiencing kidney failure. Once again I'm dealing with a young Beardie who has kidney problems. 


Dr Echols gave me a comprehensive treatment plan for her. Antibiotics, dewormer, saline solution, force feeding Critical Care, flaxseed oil, and another dewormer. We're going to give her this care for two weeks and see if we can get some weight on her. 

I also put her in the window for some direct sunshine therapy. 


It's going to be a lot of work the next two weeks, but hopefully we can get her healthy again and boost her weak kidneys. Sometimes it can be an infection or a parasite infestation that can wipe out a beardie and overtax their kidneys. 

PS- I still plan to post about Beardie eggs  when I have more time.