Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Day in my Life

Today was crazy! Especially for rescue.

Here's a few things I did in no particular order-- 

-Dropped Skye off at the vet for a quick check on her bloated belly 
-Had a 14 pound sulcata dropped off at the vet at the same time for a check
-Fed 3 baby beardies and 2 adults
-Picked up beardie poop
-Picked up tortoise poop at least 7 times
-Wiped up tortoise pee at least 4 times
-Did a fecal test on Nubs but didn't find anything 
-Took the slide with Nubs' fecal float to the vet for the techs to look at. They didn't find anything either. 
-Took Skye home with me
-Sprayed down the iguana and got an attempted tail whip 
-Arranged for Fatty Patty to be shipped tonight 
-Gave dewormer to Katy the beardie
-Force fed Katy some Critical Care
-Arranged care for 14 pound tortoise
-Filled up saline syringe with one hand while turning dinner over with the other
-Answered email on impacted femoral pores
-Answered emails I forgot to respond to last week
-Answered Etsy questions 
-Messaged my rescue buddies via Facebook
-Messaged someone about an egg their female beardie laid
-Messaged 2 people who are adopting beardies 
-Washed poopy tortoise & iguana towels 
-Filled a syringe with antibiotics then realized the shot isn't due till tomorrow 
-Got a dewormer refill from the vet when I picked up the 14 pound tortoise 
-Brought the 14 pound tortoise home. 
-Took a quick video of the 6 pound sulcata trying to ram the 14 pound sulcata
-Separated the sulcatas 
-Separated the male tortoise who was trying to mate with another male tortoise, but I lost count of how many times I do that everyday
-Washed my sweater because I got tortoise poop on it 
-Sanitized syringes
-Set up another hot basking area for the tortoises 
-Gave Katy a saline injection
-Let my dogs in and out of the back door at least 3 dozen times
-Picked up dog poop
-Took pics of my dog sleeping: 


I still have to drive Fatty Patty to the FedEx hub before 7 so she can ship out to her new home.

Yes, I'm exhausted. And I did other things too like reading and running to the library and getting kids to/from school and eating and such. 

I really need two of me!