Monday, July 20, 2015

Popeye/Ada, rescue number 92

This is a sad sad rescue. This beautiful savannah monitor was given to my rescue friend and we took her to the vet this morning. Originally we thought it was a boy and named her "Popeye" and then learned she was a girl and named her "Ada."


Her arm is obviously swollen and filled with infection. 


But the x-Rays showed that the infection is wide spread caused by 3 retained eggs. 


The infection traveled into her arm first and then spread in the blood stream to her legs where it ate away the bones. 


She is too far gone to be able to save. She has the same widespread infection in the bones that Turbo, my one eyed iguana, has. :( 

The best choice was to opt for euthanasia and put her out of her pain & misery. 

She's at my house for now. 


We'll give her one last warm soak and a last good meal and more love before we put her down. 

UPDATE:  

She pretty much hated me and so I took her back to my friend's house where she is happy. :)