Wednesday, July 8, 2015

MuShu went back to the Vet

In the past two days, MuShu has been bleeding less, but she also stopped pooping. Instead of taking her stitches out myself, I took her back to my vet today. 


Dr Folland was able to probe her vent and see that the prolapsed tissue looks great. The swelling has gone down and it looks healthy. With a prolapse, you always worry that the tissue has decreased blood flow for too long and it will just die once it is pushed back in. 

While he was probing her, MuShu was able to push out a blood covered urate plug. I think the stitches were too tight to allow her to push the urate out. 

When Dr Folland tried to pry her mouth open, MuShu tried to take a bite out of his finger. Her mouth & tongue are pale meaning she is low in iron from all the blood loss and trauma. 


At least for the next week, I'll be force feeding her Critical Care to get her nutrition levels up and to get some weight back on her (she lost 14 grams).  I'll keep doing the antibiotic shots for her and she'll have another follow up next week. 

Within an hour of being home, MuShu pooped a little bit. Slowly but surely, we should be able to get her back to being healthy. And once she really poops, I'll be able to test her for parasites to see if that's why she prolapsed.