Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Banana of Sadness

My heart has felt less heavy today (thankfully) and I've felt more normal. But while shopping in the produce section of my favorite grocery store, I saw the bananas and picked out a bunch. 


My first thought was how happy the bananas would make Turbo. 

And then I felt my eyes burn with tears. 

I decided to give Junie a banana instead. 


He was not happy with me. He still hasn't forgiven me for putting him downstairs on Tuesday. He stayed downstairs for several hours and kept freaking out. I put him back upstairs at dinner time and he instantly calmed down. 


Junie loves bananas, but not me. So I left it for him. Iguanas are very slow to adapt to change. They hate change. It may be awhile before Junie forgives me. I may need more bananas. 

And maybe some mangoes.