Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Gary Dean is being Tube Fed

My baby dinosaur did really well for a week and then stopped eating again. On Sunday, I noticed a tremor in his tail and some paralysis in a back leg. 

Blast! The MBD was getting worse. 

I tried to force feed him Critical Care and he pushed it all out his nose and acted like he was choking. It was not fun! 


Yesterday I took Gary Dean back to the vet where he got a shot of Calcitonin to strengthen his bones, a shot of calcium to boost his levels, and a tube feeding. 


He was super active in the brooder tank they had him in and finally had a really big poop! 

I'll tube feed him for a week and then take him back in. I've tube fed a tortoise and a bearded dragon and a chameleon. Today's feeding didn't go so well. But I did manage to get some food in him. 


He's so stinking cute!! Sometimes he licks his lips with his long forked tongue and it's the cutest thing ever. Even the people at my vet's office who aren't big lizard fans adore this little guy.