Friday, October 23, 2015

Helping out Nationally

On my blog, in my Etsy store, and on the hang tags of my costumes sold at reptile shows, it states that profits from the sale of my merchandise go to help local and national rescues. 


The "Local" part is obvious, but I wanted to share a few examples of how I've been able to help internationally. Not at all to brag but to provide "Truth in Advertising." 

There was a turtle and tortoise rescue in Idaho who desperately needed more lights and heat pads when they brought their rescues inside last month. I was able to help them buy a few things. 

There was a baby chameleon with severe MBD in a pet store in Georgia. It had a good owner to go to, but she didn't have the $40 the pet store insisted on having. I made "bail" for the chameleon who is now doing great. I also got to name him "Neville." :) 

A group I work with was recently alerted to a guy who has an adult bearded dragon and a juvenile ball python (Yes, that's a snake!!!!!!) in a 20 gallon tank with no heat. Or lights. Together. 


Um, where do I even start to tell you all the ways this is WRONG?!?! 

Anyways, the group didn't quite have enough money raised to do a rescue and I was able to help them meet their goal. We're hoping these two will be rescued and into the right set ups within the week. 

I can't help everyone who asks for help and I don't help everyone who asks.  I do offer a lot of free advice via email and Facebook to all over the world. My favorite was a blog reader from South-east Asia. :) 

The money I earn goes back into supplies and vet bills and helping other rescues. I feel very blessed to be able to help. I can't do everything, but I can do something. :) So can you!