Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Bittersweet

My head hurts and my eyes are swollen this morning. There are two less lights to turn on and two less iguanas to give kisses to. :( 

I did something important this morning-- I moved Junie downstairs to the corner cat tree where Sancho spent the last year and a half. 


I didn't want Junie and I didn't know what to do with him when he was brought to my front door. He had been left behind after a local young family was killed in their home in a murder-suicide. He was given to another reptile rescue who kept him in a plastic crate for two weeks and blamed his testiness on having watched his family die (ignoring the obvious fact of being locked in a crate. Ugh!) 


I wasn't technically supposed to have Junie and I had to keep it quiet for awhile. Since Turbo was free roaming in my room and Sancho was in the living room, the only safe place to put Junie was in my craft room upstairs. That's where he's been for the past 4 months. 


Junie seemed to be happy enough (if you can tell if an iguana is happy) and was becoming nicer and calmer. But he didn't get much interaction and he was locked away all the time. 

Now he can be downstairs with the family. I expect him to be a terror for awhile once he discovers his new freedom and all the sunny windows. Over time, I hope he settles in and enjoys the tree to climb and the windows to bask in. I don't think he'll ever be as sweet as Turbo & Sancho were, but I hope he's at least happier than he has been.